“Keep On Cookin’ ”
Collection of favourite recipes
From Senior Citizens of Napanee
Contributed by Mrs. M. Yeomans
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 4-5 small apples pared, cored, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- Step 1 Arrange sliced apples in 6-7 inch casserole
- Step 2 Sprinkle white sugar, add cold water on apples
- Step 3 Cut up butter in brown sugar, flour mixture
- Step 4 Cover apples with this mixture and pat down hard.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. To be properly cooked the juice of the apple should ooze up through the mixture making a taffied-like substance. Serve with whipped cream if desired.